Skip to main content

Don't give up!



Happy Sunday!

I'm currently in Atlanta trying to escape Hurricane Irma, but it looks like she followed me here.
Image may contain: text

Well, I decided to take this time and do a blog about working out and trying to stay healthy in life. So, to give a little background, I'm a single mother of an awesome 10 month old boy with absolutely no help. I have gained about 30 pounds total in the last 2+ years of me being back in the states (I used to live in Germany). Now, I know what contributed to my weight gain. 2015 I had surgery to remove 5 tumors from my stomach, then I was separated from my ex-husband, divorced, got pregnant, broke up with my boyfriend, had my son and recently (within the last 2 weeks) had another surgery. Not to mention, my diet wasn't the best initially either. 

I'm what you call an "emotional eater."

I eat when I'm depressed, angry and sad. It as if I'm trying to fill a void that can never be filled with food, but I continue to try anyway. I actually broke the habit when I was training back in Germany, but with the back to back blows I had in the last 2 years, I fell back into bad habits. It didn't help when I saw friends of mine who are also new mothers dropping their baby weight like it was nothing while I'm over here struggling. So then I thought about it, these women first off were consistently working out and eating way better than I was. So I changed my eating habits. I worked out but only during my classes. Back in Germany I would teach classes and still train on my own. However, as a new mother it is not that easy. I have daycare when I'm working and when I'm not only get 8 free hours a week to use at my gym. So it became increasingly difficult to try to train with no one to watch my son outside those hours once I ran out. 

I then became envious of my friends.

 I became angry because they had their significant other to help them with their children, their family members, etc. and I had no one. I was alone. Yes, I had friends here and there offer to watch my son, but it wasn't consistent and I didn't want to be a burden. It was tough, I wanted to be that mom with the real "snap back" but instead I was the single mom trying to balance my son, my work, my school and my social obligations. The gym was there, but only for work, not for me. As badly as I wanted to get back to training like I used to, I made excuses and then the days I didn't make excuses, I wasn't consistent. It was an internal battle I had with myself daily. I know there are many women out there that can relate to this feeling. 

So then I had to make a decision.

I finally made the decision to let go of my excuses. I decided to maximize my time in the gym. If I could only train 8 hours a week in addition to my classes, then that's what I'd do. Yes,  I used to train 2 hours a day for at least 5 days a week, so this means I will have to cut it down or train more efficiently but something is better than nothing. I had to rid my mind of "old me" and work on creating a new me. Old me is great to reflect back on but I can't be that person anymore. I wasn't a mother then, and now I am. I can still be that "beastly beauty" I once was but I will also have my baby beast with me. About two weeks ago I had surgery. I committed myself as of September 1st to drink at least my body weight in ounces of water a day and to at least walk. So far I have kept my goal. 

It may take me a little longer than most

But that doesn't mean I can't achieve my goals. So the moral of this blog is to tell anyone who reads it the following:
  • Don't compare yourself, you are unique and your body may not respond as fast as others and that is ok.
  • Don't let your circumstances be your excuse. I promise you there are people in the world with way more complicated circumstances but yet still achieve their goals. You just have to want it bad enough.
  • Fitness is not a race, meaning that just because someone gets further than you doesn't mean you're  a failure. Look at their situation and look at yours. If there are things you can change i.e. increasing your exercise and cleaning up your diet, then do it. If you are doing everything you're supposed to do, be patient and trust the process. 
I really hope this post has encouraged someone. We're all on this journey to be healthier and to look and feel better. I'm here to support and motivate you. If you would like more encouragement and accountability, please join my Facebook group

AlcineXtreme Operation TransformHer: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1780419518938091/


If you're in the Hinesville, GA area and are looking for a personal trainer, e-mail me at alcinextreme@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for a change!

Happy Sunday, 2020 has definitely been a year for us all. I went into 2020 bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, excited to crush some goals and help others to do the same and then COVID-19 happened. I watched friends suffer through this disease, people die and others who felt it wasn't that serious. I also lost my dog, Meeko. I had her for 10 years and losing her was like losing a piece of my heart. 2020 really did a number on me and my mindset.  I tried to remain positive and focused throughout it all. During my 6 week furlough from work, I found joy in teaching virtual classes which was great because I was able to lose 30 pounds. But as I returned to work, returned to life, my weight fluctuated about 10 pounds in either direction due to depression and stress. What was worse was even though I was returning to my normal life, "normal" wasn't normal anymore. Usually after work, I would get my son and my boyfriend and I would spend 1-2 hours in the gym before going home. With

Why I switched from Team Beachbody to Herbalife

Hey everyone, if you're on my facebook (www.facebook.com/AlcineXtreme) or on my Instagram (instagram/AlcineXtremeFitness) you may have noticed that I have recently become an Herbalife Distributor. I know many of you have known me as Team Beachbody Coach for years and are probably wondering why I switched. First, I want to say that I loved the Team Beachbody products and will still recommend them. Shakeology has  helped me to lose weight as well as their programs have helped me to stay active. However, like most I need a more customized nutrition plan to take my fitness to the next level. Like many MLM (Multi-level marketing) business out there they provide products that will help the general population. They will get you some results, but most of the time in order for you to achieve your true goals it will take a little more. For me, Team Beachbody was great in helping me lost weight and increase my endurance with the programs that I used (i.e. Hip Hop Abs, T25, P90X, Insanity)

Fitness Testimonial from my client Nicole Leamer

My client Nicole is amazing. She is a person with determination like no other. She wrote this testimonial 4 weeks prior to the picture below. I'm so proud of her results!! "Six months ago, I toyed with the idea of signing up with a personal trainer for the first time in my life. Having always been a fairly active person, I’m probably more fit than the average person my age. However, over time, I found that pounds had slowly crept on, and I’d grown more and more dissatisfied with my state of fitness and, I’ll be honest, my appearance. I really needed to shake up my fitness routine, because ‘routine’ it was, and I was bored by it. I signed up with Alcine for 3 main reasons: 1) To be pushed in my workouts, 2) To mix up my routine, learning new techniques, machines, etc., and 3) To see how my fitness level could change if I took my personal preferences/techniques out of the equation. After training with Alcine for several weeks, I can say I have never been stronger, eve